Clan Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Top 14 and Premiership

More
2 years 7 months ago #53190

pinky wrote: ..........Bookies giving Northampton the better chance, suggesting Quins in the playoff.


that would be a wild weekend because the Twickenham 7s are that Sat/Sun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • pinky
  • pinky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #53216

chops123 wrote: This information is not on the Internet anymore so he can shoot me down all ye want. But it's fact and ye will see at start of next season

I'm sure it's on Breitbart. They have all the facts.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"We haven’t liked the wind and rain for about four years now" - John Muldoon 1/1/2015
The following user(s) said Thank You: overstrander, salmson, superconnacht7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #53401

Well dear Pinky, the situation is more confused than ever in Top14

Toulouse and Racing lost again, we might actually escape from them.

From 3rd to 12th of the table, there's only 11 points!!!!! Totally undecided!

BTW Coulson played 47 min, and the Grenoble scrum, away from home, was very dominant
Fingers crossed he's coming

The following user(s) said Thank You: pinky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • pinky
  • pinky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #53402

Yep, another stunning away win for La Rochelle in Racing. And Brive pull out another result at home to Toulouse. They're ahead of them now.
Toulouse at serious risk of not even making the playoff at this stage, but I'm not sure Racing losing is a good result. It puts them right in the danger zone.
Pau v Castres tomorrow brunchtime should be an interesting one. If Pau win they have to start to be considered as serious contenders for the barrages, and definitely a possibility for the playoff.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"We haven’t liked the wind and rain for about four years now" - John Muldoon 1/1/2015

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #53403

La Rochelle pulling a Connacht!!;) ;) really hope they can keep it going!love an underdog!!

Really is very close as to who will be the play off team...makes this season all the more interesting!

The following user(s) said Thank You: connachta, superconnacht7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #53404

There is no good opponent, but let's be honnest, Pau would be the better outcome.
Tough, Tough calendar for them though. Even if they win t'morrow, that might be a very hard task to grab more points for them
Anyway, facing an all-ex-Munster back-row of Dougall-Coughlan-Butler would be juicy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • pinky
  • pinky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #53405

Yeah, Pau have a tough run-in.
The second last round of fixtures could decide a lot (the weekend we are at home to Scarlets).
Pau at home to Brive. Castres host Toulouse and Racing away in the derby.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"We haven’t liked the wind and rain for about four years now" - John Muldoon 1/1/2015

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #53406

connachta wrote: Well dear Pinky, the situation is more confused than ever in Top14

Toulouse and Racing lost again, we might actually escape from them.

From 3rd to 12th of the table, there's only 11 points!!!!! Totally undecided!

BTW Coulson played 47 min, and the Grenoble scrum, away from home, was very dominant
Fingers crossed he's coming


Did you watch the game? How was he in the loose?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #53407

Desperately tried to, but the links were broken
But I followed live comment from the FCG fans, and they gained many scrum penalties. The loosehead can't be outside this kind of success...


You can watch how he did last week though.
Very involved in the 1st 5 minutes if you can't see the whole game (a lineout gained, a pen conceeded, a carry, some tackles, good support)

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by connachta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #53408

I'm really pleased of what I see here. He has good handling, acts SH when needed, takes part of the back-line too. Very mobile
Would fit Connacht gameplan perfectly.
A new Denis is born

PS : Hope not, if so it would mean he's gonna be ignored by Ireland national coaches :evil:

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by connachta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • pinky
  • pinky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #53426

www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Top-14-u...son-prochaine/785175

Wasn't expecting that!
Presumably the new club would get the Champions Cup spot if Racing qualify so doesn't affect the playoffs really, unless Stade finish seventh, which is unlikely.

Also, presumably Grenoble now may avoid relegation, so they might want to revisit their decision to offload any looseheads they have, etc.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"We haven’t liked the wind and rain for about four years now" - John Muldoon 1/1/2015
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by pinky.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overstrander

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #53427

For anyone who doesn't speak French :)

www.the42.ie/racing-92-stade-francais-3284495-Mar2017/


"Our march is quite slow y'know, when we get to where we want to get to, it's going to take time, but when we get there it's going to be fantastic." - Johnny O'Connor 2013

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • pinky
  • pinky's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
2 years 7 months ago #53428

In fairness all that article does is translate the headline and proceed to explain who Racing 92 and Stade Francais are.
I figured most people would be able to take a decent stab at what "une fusion" was and use their favourite auto-translator to accomplish the rest ...


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"We haven’t liked the wind and rain for about four years now" - John Muldoon 1/1/2015
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by pinky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #53429

Disappointing news!

I can imagine the my local authority, which recently spent EUR 110 million on a new stadium for Stade, will be too happy, nor will the players union.

I assume that it's a money saving exercise decided by the businessmen that run both clubs and made with little reference to history or tradition. The two clubs are among the worst supported in the Top 14 (between them they sell 8000 season tickets, Racing averaged 8 456 a game last season, the lowest in the league, while Stade managed to attract 13 025 a week). The two clubs have a combined budget of EUR 56 million, with Stade spending more!

The press conference at 16.00 today might make things a little clearer.

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by St Placide.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overstrander, Shelflife, pinky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #53430

pinky wrote: www.lequipe.fr/Rugby/Actualites/Top-14-u...son-prochaine/785175

Wasn't expecting that!
Presumably the new club would get the Champions Cup spot if Racing qualify so doesn't affect the playoffs really, unless Stade finish seventh, which is unlikely.

Also, presumably Grenoble now may avoid relegation, so they might want to revisit their decision to offload any looseheads they have, etc.


Yeah I was wondering how this might affect the Coulson signing too.. They're still far from safe though

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #53431

St Placide wrote: Disappointing news!

I can imagine the my local authority, which recently spent EUR 110 million on a new stadium for Stade, will be too happy, nor will the players union.

I assume that it's a money saving exercise decided by the businessmen that run both clubs and made with little reference to history or tradition. The two clubs are among the worst supported in the Top 14 (between them they sell 8000 season tickets, Racing averaged 8 456 a game last season, the lowest in the league, while Stade managed to attract 13 025 a week). The two clubs have a combined budget of EUR 56 million, with Stade spending more!

The press conference at 16.00 today might make things a little clearer.


It appears to be a straightforward takeover of Stade as their sugardaddy wants out. Les Deux Laurents will be the coaches and the team will play in Arena 92 (a 2nd division soccer club called Red Star is taking over the Stade stadium). Lorenzetti says the retention of players will be based on merit, youth, and loyalty to the project.

So I'm guessing Stade lock Paul Gabrillagues won't be joining Nu-Racing RacingClubDeStadeFrancais:
"It is not a merger, it is the acquisition of Stade Francais by Le Racing ... so the death of our club, the club of Paris. I would not participate in this masquerade. Show yourself and show that we are many that love this club."

The following user(s) said Thank You: pinky

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

logo