Clan Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon European Rugby Challenge Cup

More
7 years 3 months ago #29552

Times and dates for rds 3 and 4 being announced at 2pm on eprc website.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29554

rossie wrote: Times and dates for rds 3 and 4 being announced at 2pm on eprc website.


being announced on Monday according to the Connacht Rugby facebook page

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29556

clanman wrote:

rossie wrote: Times and dates for rds 3 and 4 being announced at 2pm on eprc website.

being announced on Monday according to the Connacht Rugby facebook page

The big one today and Challenge Cup Monday is what I'm picking up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29560

pinky wrote:

clanman wrote:

rossie wrote: Times and dates for rds 3 and 4 being announced at 2pm on eprc website.

being announced on Monday according to the Connacht Rugby facebook page

The big one today and Challenge Cup Monday is what I'm picking up.


How stupid is that. They get to have two press days, but the fans have to wait before they book any flights


@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29565

ConnachtCows wrote:

pinky wrote:

clanman wrote:

rossie wrote: Times and dates for rds 3 and 4 being announced at 2pm on eprc website.

being announced on Monday according to the Connacht Rugby facebook page

The big one today and Challenge Cup Monday is what I'm picking up.


How stupid is that. They get to have two press days, but the fans have to wait before they book any flights


They actually announced Rounds 3 and 4 for the main comp at 10.48 , but then only published the fixture list for Round 4 but not Round 3.
So don't be surprised if the Challenge Cup fixtures pop up over the weekend.
EDIT: OK, round 3 is there now, obviously they read the forum and sorted it out :)

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by pinky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29566

as for the TV coverage I read somewhere that the TV Deal will only be covering 19 matches from the Challenge cup, not sure where Sky\BT fits into this but I would say we'll be lucky to get even highlights of any of our games this year. More reason to travel away to a couple of the games

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by clanman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29593

Only one televised first round Challange Cup fixture - Gloucester v Brive, on Thursday, on SKY Sports.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29594

RockSalt wrote: Only one televised first round Challange Cup fixture - Gloucester v Brive, on Thursday, on SKY Sports.


Does someone know if Bay FM are covering that, at least home matches?

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by connachta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29596

connachta wrote:

RockSalt wrote: Only one televised first round Challange Cup fixture - Gloucester v Brive, on Thursday, on SKY Sports.


Does someone know if Bay FM are covering that, at least home matches?


Last nights cover was 'in association with' Life Style, so hopefully others will be covered too


Rugby is a game for big buggers. if you’re not a big bugger, you get hurt. I wasn’t a big bugger but i was a fast bugger and therefore I avoided the big buggers. ........ Spike Milligan

-Clan Committee Member

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29603

Yup, GBFM will be covering the European matches, both home and away. They will be at Ospreys away match in the League as well. Life Style Sports are sponsoring the commentaries.

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by cadman.
The following user(s) said Thank You: clanman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Mac65
  • Mac65's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
7 years 3 months ago #29661

Anyone else see the IRFU website (Challenge cup fixtures)
www.irishrugby.ie/european/fixtures_europe.php

Someone must be taking the piss. This shows our round 3 - 6 games all being played on Thur nights.

IRFU, have we not had enough of the picking on the Westerners

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29665

Fourdogs wrote: Anyone else see the IRFU website (Challenge cup fixtures)
www.irishrugby.ie/european/fixtures_europe.php

Someone must be taking the piss. This shows our round 3 - 6 games all being played on Thur nights.

IRFU, have we not had enough of the picking on the Westerners


Don't worry. Its confirmed as Saturday games for 3&4 with Bayonne game being broadcast by French television.

www.epcrugby.com/matchcentre/fixtures_ch...on=2014-2015&round=4


NOBODY'S PERFECT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ummm,
  • ummm,'s Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
7 years 3 months ago #29677

Fourdogs wrote: Anyone else see the IRFU website (Challenge cup fixtures)
www.irishrugby.ie/european/fixtures_europe.php

Someone must be taking the piss. This shows our round 3 - 6 games all being played on Thur nights.

IRFU, have we not had enough of the picking on the Westerners


Well thankfully that's not the case, but it could be for round 6. And if it is to be honest there's not a whole lot the IRFU will be able to do about it. I can handle a single round on a Thursday.


Justice 4 Faruk
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by ummm,.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29683

Just set up a SuperBru prediction league for this:

www.superbru.com/erchallengecup/pool.php?p=11300764

Pool name: Connacht Clan
Pool code: togslard

The following user(s) said Thank You: menacethedenis, Shelflife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29699

ummm, wrote: Well thankfully that's not the case, but it could be for round 6. And if it is to be honest there's not a whole lot the IRFU will be able to do about it. I can handle a single round on a Thursday.


La Rochelle's home game against Exeter is on a Thursday, so they will probably spare both of them another one in Round 5/6, which would let us off the hook. No guarantees though.

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by pinky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #29804

Gloucester 55 brive 0.
Looks like the french clubs won't be bothered by this tournament.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

logo