Clan Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Connacht squad 2018-2019.

More
9 months 6 days ago #64110

Anyone know what the story is with Robb & Griffin?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 6 days ago #64111

McNamara wrote: Anyone know what the story is with Robb & Griffin?


1 is unfortunately always injured it seems, and the other unfortunately just doesn't cut the mustard after being always injured.


@The_Culk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 6 days ago #64112

WillieMason wrote: Any truth to the rumour connacht are in talks with Bryn Gatland?


He signed for the Highlanders this summer, for the next two seasons, so I'm going to go with "No".

The following user(s) said Thank You: FACECUTTR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 5 days ago #64114

McNamara wrote: Anyone know what the story is with Robb & Griffin?


Andy Friend in his post match interview name checked both stating they were injured.

The following user(s) said Thank You: salmson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 5 days ago #64117

In addition to Robb and Griffin, the42 has Niyi out for up to 12 weeks and de Buitlear also having an injury. Supposedly we're looking at medical jokers at 9 and utility back, with the 9 needing to be Irish qualified.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • connachta
  • connachta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
9 months 5 days ago #64118

salmson wrote: In addition to Robb and Griffin, the42 has Niyi out for up to 12 weeks and de Buitlear also having an injury. Supposedly we're looking at medical jokers at 9 and utility back, with the 9 needing to be Irish qualified.


The other way I think

NIQ SH on a 2-month-deal before Super Rugby
IQ back-three signed over for next season too (A.Byrne, Keenan, Lydon...)

Last edit: 9 months 5 days ago by connachta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • connachta
  • connachta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
9 months 5 days ago #64119

www.worcesternews.co.uk/sport/17288095.m...-worcester-warriors/

That's closing (was unlikely I noted) the only abroad IQ possibility IMO

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • connachta
  • connachta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
9 months 5 days ago #64120

Well there's also Charlie Mulchrone at Worcester. Not way more likely than Heaney though. Both are regular starters behind Care...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 5 days ago #64121

connachta wrote:

salmson wrote: In addition to Robb and Griffin, the42 has Niyi out for up to 12 weeks and de Buitlear also having an injury. Supposedly we're looking at medical jokers at 9 and utility back, with the 9 needing to be Irish qualified.


The other way I think

NIQ SH on a 2-month-deal before Super Rugby
IQ back-three signed over for next season too (A.Byrne, Keenan, Lydon...)


Don’t think any Super Rugby contracted players will be going on loan during their pre season. I’m sure there are some NRC/mitre 10 guys without pro deals who could do a job.

I can’t see us getting either of the two Leinster guys on loan, however I’d be happy to see us sign either next season. Lydon is a 15, we have more of a need on the wing IMO. We have O’Halloran and Leader at fullback and Kelleher/Healy as cover.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 5 days ago #64122

I think realistically we're looking at Hart or Williams from Munster, both of whom will be out the door this summer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 5 days ago #64123

I wonder is Peter Stringer keeping his fitness levels up?
Why not?


Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sol_ie, superconnacht7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 5 days ago #64124

Tall Paul wrote: I wonder is Peter Stringer keeping his fitness levels up?
Why not?


He's gone to the darkside, aka Dancing With The Stars RFC. Otherwise, great idea, it'd be like getting scrumhalf cover and a specialist scrumhalf coach all in one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 5 days ago #64125

He's signed up for the dancing. On a nice little earner there too. About 3k a week

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • connachta
  • connachta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
9 months 5 days ago #64126

Speaking about Munster, ex-Irish U20 Ryan Foley could be poached from Ealing too, he hasn't much gametime there..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 4 days ago #64140

The Bindo has Tom Daly coming on loan from Leinster for the rest of the season. Given we have 2 wingers & 2 centres injured and Daly's dozen-ish Leinster appearances (4 starts) have covered the whole backline, that looks like a good signing.

www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-...cester-37617916.html

The following user(s) said Thank You: connachta, Sol_ie, superconnacht7

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 4 days ago #64142

salmson wrote: The Bindo has Tom Daly coming on loan from Leinster for the rest of the season. Given we have 2 wingers & 2 centres injured and Daly's dozen-ish Leinster appearances (4 starts) have covered the whole backline, that looks like a good signing.

www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/leinster-...cester-37617916.html


Happy enough with that. He obviously has potential for Leinster to stick with him through years of injuries. Will be interesting to see what he can do if he gets a few games under his belt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

logo