Forum

Search Our Site

Topic-icon Connacht Clan on Twitter

• sea_point
  • sea_point's Avatar Topic Author
  • Praetorian Guard
More
12 years 7 months ago #409

For all you Tweeters out there Connacht Clan has a Twitter presence - @connachtclan, so add it to you account to get updates and share news...  C:-)

twitter.com/#!/connachtclan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• The_Culk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #428

And here's a list I created last season:

twitter.com/#!/The_Culk/connacht-rugby

If I'm missing players from it could you update this thread with their account and I'll add it to my list

More
12 years 7 months ago #583

Thanks to @ConnachtClan for the tennis updates on Saturday night

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

• Breifne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #584

Question for fellow committee members: If we're going to do an official Connacht Clan Twitter account, why not an official Clan Facebook page?

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
12 years 7 months ago #586

Well it was suggested before Riain, but it was felt at the time that there would be too much overlap between Connacht Rugby's facebook page to warrant it.

A Connacht is not just for the Xmas Inter-Pros...
A Connacht is for Life

• Breifne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #587

Well it was suggested before Riain, but it was felt at the time that there would be too much overlap between Connacht Rugby's facebook page to warrant it.

Right, but I'm wondering why we need a Twitter account then.

More
12 years 7 months ago #590

i think the connacht rugby facebook page is one off the best out there and prob shouldn't pull the supporters back and forth from one another

• Breifne
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #591

i think the connacht rugby facebook page is one off the best out there and prob shouldn't pull the supporters back and forth from one another

I do not disagree.  I'm saying we probably should take the same approach when it comes to Twitter.

• Diom
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Rise Up, Something Up
More
12 years 7 months ago #593

I do not disagree.  I'm saying we probably should take the same approach when it comes to Twitter.

I don't think that it is the same thing Breifne. Twitter dynamics are not the same as facebook. The subscription model of twitter pulls in information to the user, whereas on facebook you risk a person not visiting one page or another.

I think the Twitter account is useful.

A Connacht is not just for the Xmas Inter-Pros...
A Connacht is for Life

More
12 years 7 months ago #594

I agree with Diom. Where as I follow the Twitter account, I wouldnt bother liking a facebook account

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
12 years 7 months ago #596

To each his own, personally I avoid facebook like the plague, but if it's found to be useful then why not...

Just don't spread yourselves too thin, or take on more work than you need to.

Justice 4 Faruk

More
12 years 7 months ago #597

Personally I think the clan should stick with just twitter, for the reasons already outlined above. PS: I'm already a follower!

• sea_point
  • sea_point's Avatar Topic Author
  • Praetorian Guard
More
12 years 7 months ago #601

Basically, with in the era of Smartphone’s, to me Twitter is the most useful and easy to manage tool for Connacht Clan to disseminate information very quickly. It’s much lighter to use than Facebook, which requires more administration and content.

There are multiple benefits:

• Whether it's a announcing a new article on the website
• Or a say new topic opening up in the forum in the lead up to or after a game.
• Announcing a meeting point for away games while we are all in transit, you can add Map or Web Links to the location.
• Simply connecting Supporters to news items relating to Connacht Rugby that might prove interesting.
• Or Forwarding on beneficial information received from another Tweeter

It’s a really useful tool to pull the connections tighter, to help drive Connacht Supporters traffic through the Connacht Clan website which is in its infancy. Twitter drives so many important global news stories these days you’d be amazed, it is a really powerful marketing tool.

Since the Connacht Clan Forum was launched on the 25/08 only 80 members have registered on the Forum, which is pretty poor given there are approaching 3000 Connacht season ticket holder out there.

Connacht Rugby utilise Twitter to drive punters to their Facebook page and to the Main Website, likewise the IRFU who post
links to Website content out via Twitter constantly.

They both then also try to drive traffic to their sponsor sites by refernicng them in articles and links on the site to support them. We would be doing the same thing really but driving traffic to our sponsors (Busker Browne’s etc) and to the Connacht Rugby site and Facebook page…

Twitter won’t be for everyone who supports Conancht, but for those of us on here who do Tweet please follow @connachtclan and for god’s sake re-tweet our more important information like your life depended on it.

Even if it brings just one of your Connacht Supporting Twitter using friends on board it brings a potential to really snowball vistors and memvers…

• Ga1wegian
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 7 months ago #603

There is a Twitter app for FB which automatically forwards all Tweets to the FB page - it means the info is automatically available in both places, it works really well.

More
11 years 9 months ago #8473

4 new players on twitter 1-Danie Pooman @DaniePooman
2 - Jason Harris-Wright @jayharriswright
3 - Brian Murphy @_murph_
4 - Alex O'Meara @alexomeara

More
9 years 8 months ago #27874

For those of you on twitter, @HeenanJake is well worth a follow at the moment. Let's just say he's on holidays in Spain and he's not alone.

From a rugby perspective, does the fact that he's on a holiday at the moment imply he's still injured?

logo