Search Our Site

Topic-icon Season tickets

• Ger C
  • Ger C's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
9 years 11 months ago #26526

Just received the prices for next year. The price seems to have gone up again, as far as I can remember.

Sorry I can't post the full details as I am using my phone, will try when I get home.

Long time member, short time poster

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ger C
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
9 years 11 months ago #26527

Briefly for renewals

Adult 196
con 136
junior 51

What do people think with no h cup?

More
9 years 11 months ago #26528

Adult 190+booking fee= 195.95 gone up about 20 I think. Disgusted that the Branch didn't email current STHs, they had enough time to set a price, and get leaflets printed

• Ger C
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
9 years 11 months ago #26530

Have to say I agree, no details of the package included in the mail.

As I miss a number of games through work and with no h cup I might just buy a ticket at the gate for the games I really want to see.

I've had a st for the last 7 years but the branch are making it harder for supporters to attend and attract the walk ups!

More
9 years 11 months ago #26534

For renewals its fairly good value. Adult at €196 is fine. Think I paid €200 last year, you'd hope it would have dropped another bit but I think they'll get most people to renew (I think the timeframe is a bit too short in fairness to allow people get the money together but that's just my view), but in terms of getting new season ticket holders in, sorry but those prices just aren't competitive. €231 for Early Bird, €256 for Standard price are too big a jump. There is the introduce a friend idea which I think is good and may help.

€256/14 = €18.28 per match. I think at present its €22 for the 8 non-interpro Rabo games and €27 for the interpros. If they are even dreaming of charging anymore than the €27 for Challenge Cup matches they really have their head buried in the sand. Again I think this should be €20 and €25 but thats the way they want to go so fair enough.

They have to give the prices they will be charging for next season yet but this looks rather ominous.

In terms of bringing in new families, I think the family ticket this year was €420 which is decent value. €403 for renewal is a bit of a reduction but €480 early bird family ticket and €530 standard price isn't great.

Also its only a small thing but the booking fee really annoys me. Just put it all in the price and round it to a proper amount rather than trying to bullsh1t people and messing around with silly figures. People want to know how much it is for a season ticket and this should be an easy message to put out there rather than messing with odd numbers. If you tell someone it costs €190 they'll remember, if you say it costs €195.95 they aren't going to remember as easily. Its a small thing but I don't believe it helps.

More
9 years 11 months ago #26537

Just so people are aware there is an introduce a friend offer too. 10% off for you and your first mate and if you get two friends 20% off for you and 10% off for both of your mates. So that isn't a bad incentive and could save the guts of 40 quid on an adult ticket.

The following user(s) said Thank You: sea_point

More
9 years 11 months ago #26540

mahick wrote: Adult 190+booking fee= 195.95 gone up about 20 I think. Disgusted that the Branch didn't email current STHs, they had enough time to set a price, and get leaflets printed

Maintaining the high ethics of the Clan, apologies- I think it was €200+ fee last season :unsure: So slight drop to be welcomed. Still disappointed Branch didn't bother emailing us, esp as know of some STH who weren't at game..

More
9 years 11 months ago #26562

Ger C wrote: Have to say I agree, no details of the package included in the mail.

As I miss a number of games through work and with no h cup I might just buy a ticket at the gate for the games I really want to see.

I've had a st for the last 7 years but the branch are making it harder for supporters to attend and attract the walk ups!

Have to agree with you Ger C. It is ofter more expensive for me to travel from Drogheda and do an over night in Galway for a home game then it is to travel to an away game.

Example.
Munster game in Galway - Fuel there & back and 1 night B&B - Approx €170

V

Osprey match in Swansea - Return flight and 2 nights B&B - Approx £120 (€145)
Edinburgh away was the same

If you can not make all Eleven Pro 12 and the Three HCup matches, the ST does not stack up cost wise. What "extra benifit" do I actually get out of my ST.

A lot of hard thinking to be done over the next two weeks.

• ummm,
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Water Boarder
More
9 years 11 months ago #26565

I can't comment on the current prices one way or another, I'll leave that to those better informed. But I think considering the difficult times we've all had recently there may be a reasonable number of fans who were in the same boat last year who eventually decided not to renew.

Those fans are now in the situation that if they wanted to get a new season ticket, the renewal prices, which are probably quite attractive if you have a ST, no longer apply to them. It might help the branch if there was some sort of "Prodigal Son/Daughter" pricing structure that would incentivise people who had a ST a season (or two) ago but not this season to come back into the fold.

Justice 4 Faruk

More
9 years 11 months ago #26570

I know people who skipped a year before and still got the renewal price. That was a while back but worth asking for anyone in that boat.
I'd hoped that they would drop it by more than a tenner but this was probably as good as I expected.
Agree with Borders re the booking fee. There is no way to avoid paying it so why bother telling us? When I buy a litre of milk it doesn't say €1.12 + 3 cent carton fee.
At six quid a pop though, I might think of tendering for the season ticket printing contract next time it comes up. A handy 18 grand for printing a few bar codes. It's not like tickets.ie scan the tickets at the gate for them, poor tomsauce2000 has to do that.
I'm off to round up a few suckers for my 20% off.

More
9 years 11 months ago #26578

I'm going to renew anyway.
My brother is a Leinster season ticket holder, and the price difference is huge. I think he pays close to 300 for a standing ticket. Obviously, he gets to see HC rugby, and better players on a weekly basis, but when you stop comparing it to last seasons prices, and take it as an individual offer, 200 for 14 entry to 14 professional rugby games, along with 3 free pints, and a top class ( :P ) supporters gift, it is still very good value.

I understand that some people cant make all the games, I am one of those, but I find it much handier to pay all up front, and be certain of a Clan ticket each week. Just my thoughts on the matter

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

• Lshea
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 11 months ago #26579

Is there such a thing as a junior Season ticket? if so how much is it for next season?

• Ger C
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
9 years 11 months ago #26580

Junior is 51 for renewal
61 before 31 may
81 thereafter

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lshea

More
9 years 11 months ago #26582

ummm, wrote: I can't comment on the current prices one way or another, I'll leave that to those better informed. But I think considering the difficult times we've all had recently there may be a reasonable number of fans who were in the same boat last year who eventually decided not to renew.

Those fans are now in the situation that if they wanted to get a new season ticket, the renewal prices, which are probably quite attractive if you have a ST, no longer apply to them. It might help the branch if there was some sort of "Prodigal Son/Daughter" pricing structure that would incentivise people who had a ST a season (or two) ago but not this season to come back into the fold.

I'd certainly fall into the prodigal son category, having given it a miss this year after a few seasons of having one. I'll more than likely get one for next year I reckon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #26585

RonanL wrote:

ummm, wrote: I can't comment on the current prices one way or another, I'll leave that to those better informed. But I think considering the difficult times we've all had recently there may be a reasonable number of fans who were in the same boat last year who eventually decided not to renew.

I'd certainly fall into the prodigal son category, having given it a miss this year after a few seasons of having one. I'll more than likely get one for next year I reckon.

I'll introduce you for my 10% discount :-)

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)

More
9 years 11 months ago #26630

Gift of Connacht Supporters pin very welcome and as for:

Chance to win a place as 16 man at a home Connacht Rugby game with changing room access, meal with the team, place on the subs bench, Connacht gift and more…

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

logo