Connacht Squad 2017-2018

More
10 months 1 week ago #56592 by sligsup
sligsup replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018

FACECUTTR wrote: Welcome Western Force.
Loosehead and Centre are positions where we could do with adding guys. Not sure there is any money left in the pot though.


Unfortunately Lance won't be an option either as Deegan will be taking the 10 NIQ spot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #56593 by Bazzo
Bazzo replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018

sligsup wrote:

FACECUTTR wrote: Welcome Western Force.
Loosehead and Centre are positions where we could do with adding guys. Not sure there is any money left in the pot though.


Unfortunately Lance won't be an option either as Deegan will be taking the 10 NIQ spot.


We could just do a Munster on it and officially sign him in a position we have no intention of using him in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #56594 by sligsup
sligsup replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018

Bazzo wrote:

sligsup wrote:

FACECUTTR wrote: Welcome Western Force.
Loosehead and Centre are positions where we could do with adding guys. Not sure there is any money left in the pot though.


Unfortunately Lance won't be an option either as Deegan will be taking the 10 NIQ spot.


We could just do a Munster on it and officially sign him in a position we have no intention of using him in.


Brilliant I love it:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #56597 by RoadRunnerR1
RoadRunnerR1 replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018

Western Force wrote: As a Western Force fan who has abandon Australia rugby and now a proud Connacht fan they're a plenty of talented guy's looking for teams!

If you could swap Deegan for Lance would be a massive improvement. Pek would be a great pick up, just had his best seasons in years.

Rona will be going back to the NRL (rugby league) but there is some good talent that will be looking overseas that would be worth a look.

Not sure what positions you're a bit thin on and I know the start of the seasons not far away but I'd recommend looking at these guys.

Lock - Matt Phillip, Backrow - Kane Koteka and Angus Cottrell, Scrum/Flyhalf - Ian Prior


As Loosehead and centre are the main areas that need strengthening, what's the general consensus among WF fans on Francois Van Wyk, Chance Peni & Luke Burton. Also like to know what you think of Isi Naisarani. Despite being well stocked at backrow, this guy looks on paper at least like a really effective ball carrier and off loader, a slightly smaller version of Leone Nakarawa possibly.

"Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill." Muhammad Ali
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by RoadRunnerR1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #56598 by Mark Mostyn
Mark Mostyn replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018

RoadRunnerR1 wrote:

Western Force wrote: As a Western Force fan who has abandon Australia rugby and now a proud Connacht fan they're a plenty of talented guy's looking for teams!

If you could swap Deegan for Lance would be a massive improvement. Pek would be a great pick up, just had his best seasons in years.

Rona will be going back to the NRL (rugby league) but there is some good talent that will be looking overseas that would be worth a look.

Not sure what positions you're a bit thin on and I know the start of the seasons not far away but I'd recommend looking at these guys.

Lock - Matt Phillip, Backrow - Kane Koteka and Angus Cottrell, Scrum/Flyhalf - Ian Prior


As Loosehead and centre are the main areas that need strengthening, what's the general consensus among WF fans on Francois Van Wyk, Chance Peni & Luke Burton. Also like to know what you think of Isi Naisarani. Despite being well stocked at backrow, this guy looks on paper at least like a really effective ball carrier and off loader, a slightly smaller version of Leone Nakarawa possibly.


Naisarani is good. Even if we were allowed, tying up 4 NIQ slots and all that money in the backrow when we have obvious weaknesses elsewhere would be absurd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • connachta
  • connachta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 months 1 week ago #56600 by connachta
connachta replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018
The following user(s) said Thank You: mahick, Podge57, DeadStraightStare, EnricoPalazzo, Mark Mostyn, Bazzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #56608 by sligsup
sligsup replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018

connachta wrote: behindtheruck.com/2017/08/12/departing-d...ing-a-final-goodbye/

Nice little article Connachta
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadStraightStare

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #56610 by Mark Mostyn
Mark Mostyn replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018
“He talks about going to the line and then the space outside you will open up for others, and he believes you’ve got to be a running threat before anything else, because if you’re not, the opposition aren’t going to defend you, so you’re lining up the players outside you to get whacked.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • connachta
  • connachta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 months 1 week ago #56611 by connachta
connachta replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018

sligsup wrote:

connachta wrote: behindtheruck.com/2017/08/12/departing-d...ing-a-final-goodbye/

Nice little article Connachta


Thought this too, you're welcome!
Hope the visa issue is sorted out asap to see the guy's promises coming true :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #56612 by clanman
clanman replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018

connachta wrote: behindtheruck.com/2017/08/12/departing-d...ing-a-final-goodbye/


the most important part of that interview is "Over recent years I’ve been pretty fortunate with injuries"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • connachta
  • connachta's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
10 months 1 week ago #56613 by connachta
connachta replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018
I agreed too
I thought it was a specific criteria before signing for Connacht to be injury prone, wasn't it? ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • ThisYearWillBeDifferent
  • ThisYearWillBeDifferent's Avatar
  • Away
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
More
10 months 6 days ago #56643 by ThisYearWillBeDifferent
ThisYearWillBeDifferent replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018
KK in the Times today. No Bundee for Glasgow, but hopefully for Kings.

www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/kieran-ke...g-1.3187836?mode=amp
The following user(s) said Thank You: RonanL, Podge57, Evil_g

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 6 days ago #56646 by Mark Mostyn
Mark Mostyn replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018
It'll be very interesting to see who plays centre vs Glasgow. Can't wait now

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 6 days ago #56655 by Cathalsmart
Cathalsmart replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018
2 weeks till Glasgow and still no Academy... Connacht rugby have made some dumb decisions but not announcing an academy would top it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 6 days ago - 10 months 6 days ago #56656 by pinky
pinky replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018

ThisYearWillBeDifferent wrote: www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/kieran-ke...g-1.3187836?mode=amp




his great-great-grandparents having hailed from Waterford


He shoulda kept that under his hat til after the opening weekend ...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"We haven’t liked the wind and rain for about four years now" - John Muldoon 1/1/2015
Last Edit: 10 months 6 days ago by pinky.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 6 days ago #56658 by Westie85
Westie85 replied to the topic: Connacht Squad 2017-2018

Cathalsmart wrote: 2 weeks till Glasgow and still no Academy... Connacht rugby have made some dumb decisions but not announcing an academy would top it.


Relax I'm sure an announcement will be made in due course. I'm sure academy signings and stuff have been made. Not issuing a press release hardly counts as a dumb decision.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Mostyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum

You are not logged in.