Connacht Squad 2017-2018

  • NotoriousJOS
  • NotoriousJOS's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • West
More
1 year 1 month ago #56373 by NotoriousJOS
Replied by NotoriousJOS on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018
It'll be interesting to see whether Deegan is his replacement, or whether it's someone from left field. Him going should free up a big wedge from the wage bill, i'd think.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #56375 by ConnachtCows
Replied by ConnachtCows on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018
They say that you should never go back, but I'd love if we could get AJ back

@ConnachtCows - Always looking for new followers :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: connolly, Sol_ie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Podge57
  • Podge57's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Risk everything. Fear Nothing. Live with no regret
More
1 year 1 month ago #56376 by Podge57
Replied by Podge57 on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018
Ulster also hoping to announce out half signing also. Interesting to see how this plays out.

www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/40796481

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #56377 by Westie85
Replied by Westie85 on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018

Podge57 wrote: Ulster also hoping to announce out half signing also. Interesting to see how this plays out.

www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/40796481


Only interesting really if both ourselves and Ulster were after the same player

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #56378 by BleedGreen
Replied by BleedGreen on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018

ConnachtCows wrote: Boshoff officially gone.
Must be ready to announce his replacement

www.connachtrugby.ie/connacht-rugby-release-marnitz-boshoff/


I'd say he could be announced as a marquee signing for one of the new SA teams

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #56381 by sligsup
Replied by sligsup on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018
I assume announcement before weekend re he Marnitz replacement as it states at end of article that:
" An announcement with respect to a replacement will be made in the coming days. "

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #56382 by sea_point
Replied by sea_point on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018

BleedGreen wrote:

ConnachtCows wrote: Boshoff officially gone.
Must be ready to announce his replacement

www.connachtrugby.ie/connacht-rugby-release-marnitz-boshoff/


I'd say he could be announced as a marquee signing for one of the new SA teams


Possibly. I was thinking more a Currie Cup squad given most recent form and injury history, think he'll struggle to get into a Super Rugby franchise without some form behind him...

===============================================
I see the future, and it's Green again...!!!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #56383 by sea_point
Replied by sea_point on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018

Westie85 wrote:

Podge57 wrote: Ulster also hoping to announce out half signing also. Interesting to see how this plays out.

www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/40796481


Only interesting really if both ourselves and Ulster were after the same player


We won't, we're not in the same price bracket at all...
If Deegan was a Kiwi, he'd be NPC standard...I'd expect Ulster to go for an experienced ten. If Gopperth was available, then him...

===============================================
I see the future, and it's Green again...!!!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Podge57
  • Podge57's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Risk everything. Fear Nothing. Live with no regret
More
1 year 1 month ago #56385 by Podge57
Replied by Podge57 on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018
Is Deegan the expected announcement then?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #56387 by columoc
Replied by columoc on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018

Podge57 wrote: Is Deegan the expected announcement then?


According to Indo, yes!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Podge57

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #56390 by theCulk
Replied by theCulk on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018
Lads looking for AJ back is silly. He worked based on how Lam had the team set up. Until we got firing on all cylinders he wasn't playing the best. Once we were all on board it worked. We're never going to get a world class 10 as they richer teams will get there 1st. What we need is someone better than what we have. Small improvements, like AJ eventually turned into. But we need better than what AJ was for us then too

@The_Culk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #56392 by sea_point
Replied by sea_point on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018

theCulk wrote: Lads looking for AJ back is silly. He worked based on how Lam had the team set up. Until we got firing on all cylinders he wasn't playing the best. Once we were all on board it worked. We're never going to get a world class 10 as they richer teams will get there 1st. What we need is someone better than what we have. Small improvements, like AJ eventually turned into. But we need better than what AJ was for us then too


He played brilliantly in the RWC, he got signed, he arrived/he got injured, he got fit, he played really well, we won the Pro12, he left, we played badly...... have I covered everything..? ;)

===============================================
I see the future, and it's Green again...!!!

This image is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.

Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by sea_point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Newname, EnricoPalazzo, Westie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #56395 by columoc
Replied by columoc on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018

sea_point wrote:

theCulk wrote: Lads looking for AJ back is silly. He worked based on how Lam had the team set up. Until we got firing on all cylinders he wasn't playing the best. Once we were all on board it worked. We're never going to get a world class 10 as they richer teams will get there 1st. What we need is someone better than what we have. Small improvements, like AJ eventually turned into. But we need better than what AJ was for us then too


He played brilliantly in the RWC, he got signed, he arrived/he got injured, he got fit, he played really well, we won the Pro12, he left, we played badly...... have I covered everything..? ;)


You missed he went to Sale, by all accounts continued to play well, played 19 times, they won 7 and finished 10th. Doesn't make him a bad player as winning with us didn't make him a brilliant one. I'd have him back too - only because he is better than what we have....but its unlikely and there are others out there

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • phatguerilla
  • phatguerilla's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • phatguerilla.wordpress.com
More
1 year 1 month ago #56397 by phatguerilla
Replied by phatguerilla on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018
Going back to Farrell for a minute, no one's defense was particularly good in the second half of the season in particular, would give him a pass on that until we see what the team is like with a new defense coach. If we don't have a dedicated defence coach then I would be a little concerned that we're starting with a handicap again as the team is not good enough in this department to not require specialist attention.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Accidentally Onside
  • Offline
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
1 year 1 month ago #56400 by Accidentally Onside
Replied by Accidentally Onside on topic Connacht Squad 2017-2018
We have a dedicated defense coach, was announced months ago. Edinburgh defense coach last year.
The following user(s) said Thank You: phatguerilla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #56409 by Farringm
The following user(s) said Thank You: Decadence, salmson, Westie, Bazzo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Powered by Kunena Forum

You are not logged in.